Tuesday 1 March 2011

Introduction.

Ahhh! I am sooooooo excited to share this book I bought yesterday!

The title is MESS The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes by Keri Smith. People might just heard of or read it for long time, I apologise if I am a boring person.

Basically this post is about the book and that I am going to follow it through with doing the tasks, until the LAST PAGE and I am going to post it every time I complete a task in it. You could skip the texts below because they’re just words which I mumbling in my head, because I am too excited!!!



I love the texture of this cover!

Well, although I have said that messy is good (I mean it), I actually sometimes can't stand messy in life. Maybe not many friends aware of that I actually always try to control things in my life. Although I can't call myself a‘control freak’, because I have seen people who are much more obsessed with that.

However, when things are out of control, it freaks me out! I literally freak myself out and get panic when that happens, and that’s normally when I start to act silly, stupidly, senselessly, insanely! Luckily, I am able to tell myself to move on after few days later when I’ve confirmed that things are really out of control. Still, the freakout-period makes my life really hard. I am very unstable!

I appreciate every little coincidence in life–meanwhile, I also believe that things happen for a reason - So, Today I saw this book. At first I got attracted by the cover. It looks carefree, although it’s designed. Then I flipped through the pages. Then, OMG! It’s exactly what I need! I personally think it's interesting! I'm always attracted by stuffs like this – like WEIRD stuffs. I came to my so-called philosophical explanation: Maybe, we tend to be attracted by things that are totally opposite from us, we admire or envy them because we can’t be the same. OR, we’re actually belong to this same category. I am not sure which group I am into.

Cut the craps. I told myself that I must get it. I told myself that it will be a good exercise for me to be messy and a good practice to be out of control (I mean messy as in messy in life, messy in mind, get dirty (literally dirty) Although some friends of mine already think that I am messy, also my life was out of control to them, as they've seen my room in UK and some events that happened to me because I’m not organised! But this‘messy' here is different.) Most importantly, I have this slight hope that I could be trained by the book to be calm when things in life go wrong.

Ok, I confess that I’ve flipped through some pages and to make sure that the tasks in it are DOABLE (for me)! I really can’t help myself by keep flipping it because it’s too interesting and I am too excited. But I try to control myself again not to avoid spoiling the surprises.

I’ve promised myself to TRY MY BEST to finish the tasks in the whole book and hope to get to do it ONE EACH DAY (or within 2 days. Ok, maybe few days if I am really busy. Who knows right. OK! It must be at least one a week! At least!)

I also will post it every time I did a task. A promise to myself!

Ok, I hope the pressure prevails against the impatience this time, and hope that I have the persistence for this (I had bad records. Hmm...)

Good luck to me!

PS: Another confession–I am not sure if this has anything to do with Julie and Julia because I have just watched it two nights in a row. I think I am inspired by it. I think there is coincidence again.

No comments:

Post a Comment